1. Storytelling 101
We are going to do a crash course on story structure by looking at a handful of Pixar short films.
- exposition: establishes the location and characters before the story begins
- inciting incident: the conflict that deviates from normal events.
- rising action: as the stakes increase, the conflict intensifies.
- climax: a solution is found! the viewer is given some catharsis.
- falling action: where intensity declines, leading finally to the…
- resolution: that ties up the story nicely and helps clarify the themes, morals, or lessons learned
Day 26, 10/18